POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Avatar : Re: Avatar Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avatar
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Jan 2010 18:56:10
Message: <4b4faf1a$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:09:18 -0500, Captain Jack wrote:

> I don't know if the current spate of 3D in cinema is going to be a fad
> or not, but I think this movie did a really good job of showing how it
> can add to the performance without being an in-your-face gimmick (well,
> mostly...). I do wish there was some way to create a screen made up of
> semi-transparent layers (or something) so that 3D films could be done
> without the glasses, though.

One thing that I'm wondering about this film in 3D - do they get the
focus right?  One of the problems I've read about current 3D technologies
(well, most of them going back in cinemas to the point it was introduced)
is that the focus is constant - things near and far are in focus, and
that can induce eye strain because your eyes tend to want to focus on
specific things, not everything (as I recall).

Jim